Our Details

10 am Sundays at
65 Owen Terrace
Wallaroo SA 5556

PoBox 340 Wallaroo SA 5556

Email; coppercoastbaptist@live.com

Mobile; 0432 017 025

Our Pastor: Rev Markus Schmid

Follow CCBaptist on Twitter

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Harvest Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is our yearly Harvest Thanksgiving Service.  Whether you are a farmer, fisherman or neither  is irrelevant because harvest thanksgiving is about relying on God's provision.  Abraham had to rely on God for a son. He learned the hard way to trust that God will provide.

Genesis 22:7-8 NLTse
 Isaac turned to Abraham and said, “Father?” “Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.
“We have the fire and the wood,” the boy said, “but where is the sheep for the burnt offering?”
8 “God will provide a sheep for the burnt offering, my son,” Abraham answered. And they both walked on together

One tough lesson that God has taught me over the years is that he will always provide for my needs.
Every time  I begin to think "I don't know how I can afford to...." God says trust me!

ME "God I don't know if I can afford to quit my job and study full-time"
God "Trust me!"
Result: God is faithful and we have all we need.

Me "God I don't know if I can afford to work as an intern for no money"
God "Trust me!"
Result: God is faithful and we have all we need.

Me "God I don't know if I can afford to sell my new house and move to the country"
God "Trust me!"
Result: God is faithful and we have all we need.

Me "God I don't know how we can afford as a church to buy our own property"
God "Trust me"
Result: God is faithful and we have all we need.

It takes faith to trust in God's provision but the more we trust him, the more he comes through. The more he comes through for us the more we know we can trust him.

God's provision is hard because it requires faith from us.
If it does not require faith then is it God's provision?

Matthew 6:33 NLTse
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment